Friday, February 1, 2008

Tokidoki Wall Art & Visual Displays



I've known about tokidoki for the last few years but didn't pay much mind. Cutesy but the fashionable accessories its spawned was too busy, too much. However, I DO love the graphic appeal of the toy line and tech products (more iPod skins please!).

BUT -- I think the best part about tokidoki is their visual collaborations and merchandising. At large scale, the graphic artwork becomes sheer eye candy for me. It just pops! I could probably stare at the walls happily for hours. It's a great inspiration to see the Japanese kawaii style has had on its designer, Simone Legno. He's created his own distinctive style and has made it into a commercial enterprise, like Takashi Murakami. I wish he did more gallery pieces, though.

tokidoki has a section dedicated to their collaborations here.


visual merchandise store display



Pool Trade Show?! A very stylish choice from a marketing perspective. I love this giant graffiti poster they've affixed to the wall.



From the Pool Trade Show, here's what the booth girls wore for the tokidoki stall. I want that jacket!

1 comment:

The Truth said...

I wouldnt mind if my room had a huge mural of a TokiDoki image !