Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Trendy Inspiration: Japanese Fashion Magazines



I love Japanese fashion magazines. Chinese, Korean, actually, I'm not picky (I'll take what I can get!) but I love, love, love poring over the latest styles from overseas like Japan, Hong Kong, etc. The best fashion escapism treat for me is to spend a lazy afternoon pouring over Japanese fashion magazines, like Women's Non-no, Cutie, Can-Can, and JJ. I picked up the habit of buying these issues when I was near a Kinokuniya in San Francisco, New York, Seattle. but sadly, we don't have one in my hometown. So, I binge and buy a bunch to stock me till my next trip. From trendy hairstyles to fashion style sense to street fashion interviews, I devour what I see. So envious! This leads to my new web find -- I was super happy to discover Sushi-Cat Blog, a girl who periodically documents her latest Japanese fashion obsessions with the latest scans from the magazines themselves! Does this replace me buying the actual mags? Nah, but it'll tide over my appetite till I can stock up again! 






FYI: If you must have an issue or subscription, I think you can order from Fujisan.

3 comments:

beanblossom said...

My dream would be to open up an All Japan store here! Books, magazines, toys, fabrics, clothes, bento boxes!

Remind me to get a Lotto ticket tomorrow?

ms.dearlydevoted said...

I agree. It's so hard finding a store that has the right mix and feel -- :) I really like Tate's Comics in Lauderhill, Fl especially since it opened Bird & Bear studio upstairs but it needs more overseas stuff!

Michael said...

All the comment are good but I would link to suggest Fashion at New Heights - Tips for Short Legged Woman
It's time for shorts and for many women that means taking a swift and tender look in the reflect. The best part of us isn’t completely happy with the way we look and can spend hours picking out areas that we long to improve. Unfortunately, genetics play a huge roll is body type and amazing you just can't argue with what nature has to say. For women with short and wide legs, buying clothing can be a real task. Don't lose you're determination. Looking great is merely a matter of knowing what works for you. Here are 5 rules you should follow to make your legs look vast in everything form tights and leggings to skirts and shorts Japanese Fashion.
1 - Buy the Right Size Shirt
2 - Don't be tempted By Bagging Pants
3 - Avoid Light Color Jeans
4 - No Horizontal Stripes
5 - Avoid Full Length Skirts