Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Netbooks get a Japanese Schoolgirl Makeover



What happens when you give an Acer One netbook over to Shibuya shop girls to makeover?
You get crazy lacy, sparkly bedazzled laptops back. Its so Liberace, I just want to applaud: Bravo, Japan! Bravo! Take a bow for being so over-the-top in tech style. 
Without further ado... the Shibuya Collection:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Ta da!




OMG ~ I'm in in illicit love (in such a wrong way) with the pink sparkly one.
Why did God zap me with the pink love when I'm now in my mid-20s?! Curses. 

Notice how the girl on the left looks less-than-thrilled with her pink pillow netbook? 
Thank you Google Translate for providing a hilarious translation from the Acer's editorial team, read below:
Apparently, they are running some sort of contest where you can vote for your favorite design.  Check out the Google Translate screen capture I did below, link here.
Google Translate still contains great Japanese Engrish below like "Wild & Goblin girl chic!" and the "pursuit of love of Eli peaches!" definitely WTF.




No comments: