Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Getting Jacked for Halloween

Halloween is my favorite holiday handsdown. I get as happy as a little girl when I see people decorating for it.
Its the only time of the year that the strange, mad, and eccentric are celebrated for the sheer FUN of it (THAT and the free candy helps too). Halloween was my All-American holiday where I felt truly comfortable going all out for.
Yep, I love how it's totally fine to install fake tombstones in your front yard, sew up ghosts to your house, and massacre pumpkins for artistic skullduggery. Let's say I was an enthusiastic participant growing up, my mom was just the obliging spectactor.

So back to Halloween DIY decor--specifically jack-o-lanterns.
You can't celebrate without one and I've been trolling the web for some ideas to start.
Here at dearly devoted, I'm showing off some of the sweet pumpkins I've seen online to date.



Cylon Jack-O-Lantern
I am a huge Battlestar Galactica fan and this fufills that fangirl thrill and my geek quotient. Looks like a trip to Radioshack and the pumpkin patch for this one. Nerd skills required. Find out how to make this by the folks at Make blog


Flickr stream: Pumpkins and Jackolanterns


Cute and morbid I can't resist that deadly combo.


Ode to the 80s Gotta love John Cusack in Say Anything. Something a lil' different from a pumpkin expression.


Gross out humor

No comments: